Darby’s Paints stocks over 40 different brands of auto body supplies and products in Geelong, Ballarat & Shepparton.
Our goal is to supply great customer service, technical knowledge, training and quality products at affordable prices to you – our customers.
Our comprehensive automotive products range includes not only paint but also all of the supplies you’ll need to finish your automotive refinishing project and our customers include:
- Independent automotive repair businesses
- Dealership body shops
- Car and bike enthusiasts (restoration, custom and racing)
- Paint contractors – rust prevention
- Manufacturers and fabricators
- Plant, production and design engineers
- Building, plant, and fleet maintenance departments
Topics we can advise on
The staff at Darby’s Paints know that the science of auto painting is just that – a science. To achieve the result you’re after, many items on the list below are factors.
We stock the products to make the job come out right and the advice to start your project with confidence.
When you come in and see us, remember to ask about what’s relevant from this list – we’re keen to help!
- Colour matching
- Spraying auto paint
- Clear-coat – how it’s used
- Mixing auto paints
- Preparation before for painting
- The chemistry of auto paint – acrylic versus water based
- Surface imperfections
- Painting accessories
- Brands of paint – our recommendations
- Adding special effect such as pearl or metallic
- Rust; removing and priming
- Additional products such as sealer
- Custom painting
- Scratch repairs
- Paint accessories – heat lamps, sanders, pads
- How to mask and sand
- Using a compressor
We pride ourselves on more than quality products. The difference is the advice and expertise that our staff bring. We employ knowledgeable people that have backgrounds in:
- Training and experience working in the automotive trade
- Specialist TAFE qualifications
- And we take full advantage of training that our product suppliers regularly offer